Parent Campus Visitation Policy and Procedure
- Parents visiting classrooms during school hours must sign in with the front office.
- Parents must wear their visitor badges at all times.
- Parents may not interrupt the teacher during instruction.
- Parents who want to meet with teachers should e-mail or telephone teachers to schedule an appointment. School-wide Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled throughout the school year.
- During visits, Parents may not record staff or students.
- Parents may not address or discipline a student for his/her actions.
- Parents must follow all rules designated by teachers while in the classroom.
- Parents may not extend preferential treatment to their child/ren at any time. (Students must continue to follow school rules and procedures)
- Parents must sign out after completing their visit.
- Parents may occasionally visit their child during lunch provided they have signed in the front office and have administration approval.
We encourage parent volunteers in the school. Parents must prearrange times to volunteer with teachers or school staff. At no time is a visitor or volunteer to be in an area of the school except that the individual has been assigned or approved to visit.At no time will a visitor or volunteer interact with any student(s) without the direct supervision and presence of a Southgate employee unless the individual has a valid, Arizona-issued Fingerprint Clearance Card on file with the school and is approved by the school to interact directly with students.
Southgate Academy prohibits drugs and alcohol possession and use. This policy applies to all students, employees, visitors, and volunteers.